|My 1st 10K in Barcelona|
Here in suburbia, I'm on a break with running. I'm so unbelievably bored to have squirrels, ducks and homes as my scenery, as opposed to Barcelona's beautiful parks and waterfront.
After stumbling through the www, here are some tips I've found [and will use] to avoid dying of heatstroke:
1) Give yourself 8-14 days to acclimatize to the hot weather.
2) Run before sunrise, the coolest time of the day.
3) Drink at least once every 2-3 miles.
4) Slow down early to avoid a dramatic recovery from the heat.
5) Pour water on your head - up to 70% of your heat is lost here.
No wonder all those old men always pour water all over themselves. That will be me next week.
I'm determined to not stop running.
How do you stay motivated in extreme temps?