Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ciutadella Park

Today I Saw:
-Hippies walking tightrope between trees
-Man playing a xylophone
-Capoeira practice
-Girl juggling those things that look like bowling pins
-Man balancing a crystal ball on every part of his body
-Kids tap dancing to Billie Jean while the crowd sang along
-Old man in a hot pink t-shirt with 10 white braids hanging from his chin

One thing I love about this city is that anything goes.  I spent a good portion of the day relaxing in El Parque Ciutadella, a perfect place to soak up the sun and people watch on a Sunday afternoon.  It's Barcelona's most centric park, and the finish line for my long runs.  Built in the 1880's for the Universal Exhibition, it now hosts a zoo, various museums, some peculiar statues, and lots of grass for all the wanna-be circus performers.  

My legs hate me after running up these steps.. 
Source
The pond where you can rent row boats. 
Rowing machine

Whether you want to go for a walk, have a picnic, sing Kumbaya with friends, or just plain ole' people watch like myself, this park is worth a visit.

Barcelona never disappoints in interesting characters.
I'm going to miss this place. 

4 comments:

  1. Tiasters is this the place where you rudely sent me by myself to run through when I was in BCN? haha

    miss you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "sing Kumbaya with friends" -- haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. juliasters - i never remember sending you off to run! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss it just reading this post! So many good times in Parc Ciutedella. Cherish it!

    ReplyDelete