Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mayura

Julia always says I'm nuts for going out to lunch and dinner by myself, but I love it.  I find it relaxing and I think you can appreciate the taste of the food much more when you're alone; there are far less distractions.

So today I took myself on a date to one of my favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Mayura Lounge.  Mayura is an Indian restaurant with a great tasting menu at lunchtime.  I spent QT with my Advanced Spanish Grammar workbook until my lunch came.  Then I had this:

Chicken, Lentils, Potatoes, Basmati Rice, Samosa and Naan
Not only is the food great here, but the atmosphere as well.  The restaurant is full of bright colored pillows and about half of the seating is on couches.  At night, the restaurant becomes uber romantic with all the dim lights, candles and the waterfall that runs through a long table in the center of the room.

Source




Source
One of my favorite things on the menu is the Pappad appetizer, which is "crackers" made from lentils, and 3 unique dipping sauces - I still don't know what they're made from.  If you are a carnivore, try the Tandoori Sea & Mountain tasting menu - just don't make the mistake I did and order this the night before your first 10k.

WARNING: Beware of the green picante hot sauce.  
I nearly lost all my tastebuds with 1/2 a teaspoon. 

2 comments: