Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Wedding is On!

Source
For the past 48 hours I've been a nervous wreck worrying about whether 4.13.13 will finally be settled as our wedding day, and today it was confirmed!!  I was shaking this morning as we arrived at the "city hall" office and were told that we had to speak with the lady who wouldn't even look at us the last time we were there {we had to ask a quick question and had caught her on her lunch break, busy with the newspaper}. 

As we sat down with the 70 + year old lady with the giant red wig and pale fuchsia lips, the look on her face told me that she would find something, anything, to say that we didn't have all our documents in order.  It reminded me SO MUCH of this video, I had to share it again! 


But, with all of our experience in the expat paperwork area, we were 100% prepared.  She filled out our marriage document, which was handwritten by the way, and by the time she had us signing it, she was smiling and even gave me the phone number of the judge (I must admit I'm a tad worried he's not going to show!).  

I feel like I can finally breathe again. :) 
Oh, and I'll be a married woman in 11 days...  
CRAZY.

PS. Thank you for all your comments and well wishes on my Wedding Flop post!  Everything indeed happens for a reason, and if not, laughing it off works pretty well, too.

3 comments:

  1. yay!!!! I'm sure the rest of it will run smoothly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Hopefully things will work out this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! The video was very funny..thanks for sharing. I am new here :)

    xx
    Heel in Mint
    www.heelinmint.com

    ReplyDelete