Casey from the True Colours blog nominated me for this award ( thanks! :) ). Since most of the blogs I follow have more than 200 followers, I'm breaking the rules by not passing it along, buuut I thought it would be a fun little survey to complete anyway (and a nice way to fill my afternoon in the office where I'm pretending to work.. ;)
11 things about myself:
1. I am not a morning person at all and I love/need/want at least 8 hours of sleep a night!
2. I could live off cheese, wine, and dark chocolate.
3. I'm happiest when traveling to a new place.
|Spontaneous day trip to Tossa de Mar, Spain|
4. Routine bores me and I love spontaneity.
5. My current addiction? INSTAGRAM!
6. I speak English and Spanish. I fluently understand Greek but never speak it.
7. I love the sun and have always wanted to live on a yacht in the middle of the ocean. A girl can dream, right?
|Compression socks: My best friends|
8. Yesterday I hit my personal record for distance running: 10 miles! I'm planning to run my first half marathon this April.
9. I'm dying to visit South America.
10. I'm terrified of jellyfish; I once did a snorkeling excursion in Mexico and never got off the boat because of a jellyfish warning.
11. Last but definitely not least.. I'm engaged!!
Questions from Casey:
1. If I could be anything, what would I be?
Some sort of behind the scenes worker for a travel show or a food critic, so that I could be paid to do the things I love - traveling and trying new foods :D
2. If I could live anywhere, where would it be?
Barcelona or San Francisco. I have a thing for big, lively coastal cities.
3. Where was I born?
Libertyville, IL (about 45 minutes north of Chicago)
4. What is one of my hobbies?
"Beachy" reads (AKA chic lit). Check out my GoodReads profile here.
5. What is my favorite season?
Late spring/early summer
To have a journal filled with memories and pictures to look back upon in years to come.
7. Where is my favorite place that I've been?
Morocco, probably because I have never been to any place quite like it.
8. What is one major goal I have for myself this year?
My new years resolution was to learn how to dance, so I'm currently enrolled in a month's worth of salsa lessons.
9. Is there one thing I wish I had done as a kid that I never did?
Break more rules.
10. What is my favorite month of the year?
May; my birthday month.
11: What is the most important thing you hope to accomplish in my lifetime?
Tough question, Casey!.. To find work in something I'm passionate about, to never stop learning, and to grow a family.
12. In one word, what word best describes who I am?