Monday, March 12, 2012

Lobster Skin Weekend

Source
Its been a long time since I've written on this blog thing, but I'm back!  The weekend was just too leisurely to fit in blog time.

Source
On Saturday, we played tennis.  At noon.  NOON.  Prime time sun time and therefore not the best idea.  I lost every game [I blame the sun].  In the evening we had dinner with friends and so my pink-skinned self made this recipe for dessert and served it warm with vanilla ice cream.  With just 4 ingredients and requiring only 15 minutes from start to finish, it gets an A+ in my book.  Plus, I was able to sneak in reduced fat peanut butter without anyone noticing.

On Sunday we went to Playa Caribe.  It was my first and last visit to this beach because the non-stop rolling waves wiped me out!  They were the kind that are so strong that when they hit you, you're left with only half a bathing suit on.  I'm sure I flashed the other swimmers at least five times.  
  
{Sunday: Lobster Ravioli, Drinking Coconut, Cold Beer}
This morning I was greeted with lots of double glances.  The employees and regulars always know if I've been to the beach and never fail to mention when I look like a tomato.  When am I going to learn that living here does not mean my skin will not burn!?

Source

I vow to use sunscreen.  

I vow to use sunscreen. 

I vow to use sunscreen.

I will not look like this lady.


1 comment:

  1. ew. that would totally make me use batches of sunscreen haha. I miss playing tennis with you :(

    ReplyDelete