Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Little Things He Does

Source
Joanna of A Cup of Joe, posted a sweet article today titled Do you ever worry about your partner dying?  Her article + the linked one brought me a smile and a tear.  I highly recommend reading both her post here and these beautiful paragraphs here.  

Joanna writes about how, when it comes to relationships, its important to appreciate the little things in the here and now, rather than in the future when they are gone.  I, like Joanna, worry a lot.  I know that boyfriend and I are both healthy young people, but that doesn't mean that something can't happen to us tomorrow.  My worrying makes me realize how important it is to appreciate the little things and be grateful for love. 

So some things that I love in the here and now are

When he gives me a peck on the lips over the tennis net in the middle of a game [even if he claims its for bad luck].

Touching his neck; he has baby soft skin. 

That I have to smile every time I watch him dance and sing to Sexy and I Know It when it plays on the radio.

How after work today he pulled the hair away from my face and rubbed my head when asking how my day was.
"Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory."  - Uknown

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, really very beautiful and sweetly written...both smiles and teariness while reading this indeed. I'm the same way. When you love someone so much you really can't help but worry about losing them because they are your whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That statement about the kiss while playing tennis made me laugh. It's so sweet and romantic!

    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful....

    Someone I knew died recently and I have experienced the lost of several people in my life. Having death so present in your life makes you appreciate people, moments and feelings and not take them for granted. I panic everytime my boyfriend and I argue and then one of us leaves. What if something happens and the last thing we said to each other will make us regret it our whole life? When you think like this, you just give importance to real problems and try to simplify the rest....

    Love your post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is seriously the cutest thing ever Tiasters! So unlike you!

    ReplyDelete