Thursday, May 10, 2012

Surprise! Chicago

I'm home in Chicago! 

Source
I didn't tell many people I was coming, mainly because I wanted to surprise my grandparents.  And last night when I made it to their house, boy were they surprised.  The looks on their faces were priceless as they jumped out of their seats, although I think I nearly gave my grandma a heart attack!  We spent the next hour or so talking/laughing and they haven't changed one bit.

Me:  Papou, your hair is getting really long in the back.
Him:  Honey.  I'm bald.  {As if he's breaking the hard truth to me}  Why do you think I have so many hats? 

His sarcasm and ability to joke about anything never seem to die down.  Of course, yaya offered us food every 3 and 1/2 minutes, while papou told us things like, "Really, who could put up with 42 years of that?" while referring to my grandmother, so matter-of-factly.  They are in their late 60's and late 80's, and I love that I can still can have a good time with them.

Boyfriend is here until Monday, and I'll be here for two weeks!  
First stops on my list: Target and a proper haircut.  I can't wait.

Source

4 comments:

  1. love chicago and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having an amazing time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for your Tia, that you were able to go home and visit your family. Your grandparents sound so sweet and just from reading this remind me so much of my oma and opa:) Enjoy every minute of your stay! Thanks for the mother's day wish. xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete