Thursday, February 2, 2012

Food from America

Source
Have I mentioned that I love getting packages in the mail?  Because I do.  
And friends in the US: you only have to pay shipping to Miami and I pick up the cost from there - mail.  me.  stuff.

Aaaanywayyyy, living abroad the last few years and not having Whole Foods Market and Trader Joes at my leisure has been a difficult adjustment.  Oh, how I miss shopping for new organic snacks and Trader Joes $4 bottles of wine!  Good thing Julia of Girl with a Stethoscope shares my love for granola bars and sent me a pity package which I received today!  It was the perfect mid-week pick-me-up.  Yes, thats right, Thursday is only mid-week for me.

The goodies


Pretzels with sesame seeds - I had never tasted pretzels like these before 10 minutes ago.  They completely alter the typical bland pretzel taste.  The bag's contents are slowly diminishing away.

Ginger Chews.  After leaving my college part-time job at Whole Foods I somehow forgot all about these things.  They are sweet & spicy and the perfect alternative to sugary candy chews.  Ginger is also good for stomach aches/indigestion so I'm convinced that eating a whole bag is nothing but good for me. 

Organic fruit leather.  Just like adult Fruit Roll-Ups.  Another reason why living abroad is hard. 

Z Bars, Clif Bars and Luna Bars.  Z Bars are my favorite ones - hint hint to those who feel inspired to send me things - but I can't wait to try the Chocolate Almond Coconut Mojo Bar.  Yum!

Thanks, Juliasters!

Source

4 comments:

  1. I always love mails and especially food mails!Every Christmas I wait my food mail from my grandma who lives 500km away from me!enjoy those goodies dear!!!

    mysteryfishbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it tiasters! And you are right, those pretzels are TO DIE FOR!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whole Foods and Trader Joes...I miss them too! We don't have one near us since we moved:( Those pretzels sound delicious. Organic fruit leather and ginger chews are some of the best foods to snack on...beats junk food anyway!

    ReplyDelete