Monday, February 20, 2012

Blogging

Why do I blog?

I started my blog last July while living in Barcelona [read my super awkward first post here].  At the time, I had just quit my job because I was leaving Spain in one month's time and I wanted to spend my last days soaking up as much as I could.  I began blogging in my down time, to document and never forget all of my favorite places in the city [see my Barcelona page here].

{Barcelona, La Xampa}
But of course, blogging during that first month grew on me, and I couldn't quit my blog after just one month.  I decided to keep going so that my friends and family could read about me and my adventures after leaving Barcelona and moving to the Dominican Republic.

{DR, Juan Dolio beach}
Oftentimes I get stuck and don't write that often.  But what I love about blogging is that its something you can always come back to.  Its like a diary for grown ups.  It also inspires me to learn, especially if I'm writing about touristy things.

Source
These are a just a few of the blogs I've fallen in love with along the way:

Glocal Girl - A good friend, fellow expat, and the first blogger I ever followed.

A Girl with a Stethoscope - My BFF, referred to as "super nurse" by others. 

Fancy That Fancy This - Her sarcasm makes me laugh out loud. 

Shades of Monet - A girl with a unique style and amazing headpieces.

Drastic Plastic - A fashion/design blog with lots of inspiring collections. 

Cup of Joe - A blog truly about everything under the sun. 

Bouffe e Bambini - A very honest and open blogger + drool worthy baked goods.

My Beautiful Adventures - A world traveler who's blog I just found; can't wait to read more.

Why do you blog?

1 comment:

  1. Awe thanks for the mention Tiasters. I love your blog bc I am always super jealous of all the fun things you get to do and see.

    ReplyDelete