Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Birthday Cake

I love anything and everything lavender.  Especially food!  Its pretty rare to find lavender in the Dominican Republic, but I found it at a health food store and therefore begged A's chef sister to make me something lavender flavored for my birthday.  I'm pretty sure I've devoured 3 pounds of this deliciousness in the past 5 days! 



I don't have the recipe that she used, but this one looks pretty good.  She gave me the leftover lavender  and I'm thinking of what I can make with it, especially since we have organic honey from la finca.  Any ideas of something easy?  I'm the worst in the kitchen! 

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing!!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried lavender in food before! Looks good. Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete