Thursday, May 9, 2013

Huge News


I didn't want to talk about it on my blog so as to not "jinx" it {we hadn't received A's approved visa on Monday}, but its now official and the flights have been purchased.. 

We are moving to Greece in 2 and a half weeks!!

We will be living on the island of Santorini, Greece until mid October, learning how to run my family's small hotel.  If all goes well and we enjoy it, our plan is to live there every year from April-October {the hotel is closed in the winter when the island basically becomes a ghost town!}.  The remaining months of the year will [ideally] be spent traveling and living here in the DR.  

Source
The rest of this month is going to speed by.  My last day of work is next Wednesday, four more work days!  Then, next Sunday we'll be taking a mini honeymoon in Punta Cana.  When we return, A's sister is getting married, and two days later, we leave!  

Now its time to organize ourselves to leave the country for a whopping 6 months!  And packing..  Where and when do I begin!?  What do we even need to bring?!  Ahhh!

Source
I am excited and anxious for another new beginning.  And a change in scenery {see pictures of the beautiful island in my guest post on Casey's blog here}.  I hope you'll continue reading along as this journey of ours is just beginning!

8 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! Good luck with everything! can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhh Yay!!! I am soooo excited for you! Annnd slightly jealous ... Ugh Santorini!?!? I may become a full on blog stalker of yours haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats tia, have a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO exciting! And I'm definitely jealous. Bring me with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting news. I've always wanted to visit Santorino. I look forward to reading more about it when you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an excellent adventure!!! Maybe my hubby and I will come stay in your hotel someday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it all worked out!!! :) I am seriously envious of your Santorini adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This is amazing! Good luck my darling!

    P.S. Enter my awesome giveaway http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.ro/2013/05/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete