Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wanderlust Wednesdays: Europe {Firostefani}



Firostefani is a small village on the caldera of Santorini, just a 20 minute walk from the big town of Fira.  It is home to more luxurious villas and boutique hotels more than anything else, but the architecture and views make it worth visiting, even if you're not staying in town.


A few weeks ago I was on the hunt for sushi, and I was shocked to find out that there was a specialty sushi restaurant right here in Firostefani!  So, after 5 weeks of straight Greek food, we finally switched it up and splurged on a fancy sushi dinner at Ginger Sushi Lounge


We had edamame, octopus sashimi (whaaat?!), red snapper sashimi with pork flakes, a couple rolls including a very spicy spicy tuna roll, sizzling veal served on a hot volcanic rock, and a green tea pudding & biscuit layered dessert.  Amazing!  

True Colours

This is my first post linking up with Casey from True Colours blog; 
link your European posts here!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! :) I've got to make it to Greece ASAP... you're photos make me want to jump on the next plane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I want to dive right into your photos!
    Visiting from the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! I love (and am super jealous!) that you get to explore so many cool places! I hope you are all doing well - I've been praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely gorgeous! Talk about paradise :) Thanks for sharing! PS: I found you through the Wanderlust Wednesday linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try the octopus sashimi!

    ReplyDelete